Car Excess Insurance
What is Car Excess Insurance?
ALA Car Excess Insurance covers both the voluntary and compulsory excess charged by your comprehensive motor insurer if you make a claim.
Prices start at just £20.00!
Policy term is 12 months with cover available up to £1,000.
Can I buy Car Excess Insurance?
In order to purchase ALA Car Excess Insurance, you must be the policyholder of the motor insurance policy.
- No vehicle age restriction
- No mileage restriction at the start of the policy
- Suitable for vehicles purchased privately or from a dealer
- Available for cars bought outright, on finance or leased
- Available for drivers of any age with a fully comprehensive motor insurance policy
- Available for permanent residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man
Car Excess Insurance Features:
- Covers the motor insurance voluntary and compulsory excess
- Cover can be purchased for cars, pickups or vans
- Cover limits range from £150 to £1,000
- Supplements £250 excess payment from your GAP policy in the event of a write off
- Premiums start at just £20.00, depending on level of cover
- Can be bought without having to buy ALA GAP Insurance
- Cover can be repurchased after the policy has been used
- No limit on mileage for the duration of the policy
- Receive a full refund if you change your mind within the 14 day cooling off period
- UK based underwriter and UK claim team
- Policy transfer – pro rata transfer of unused premium if you change your car, with no admin fees
- Comprehensively covered named drivers also covered
- Highly rated underwriter Newline Insurance Company Limited
What is not covered?
- Any incident where the cost of the repair is less than the excess on your motor insurance policy
- Any incident which happened before the start date of your policy
- Any claim in relation to glass repair or replacement
- If your excess has been waived or covered by a third party
- Excluded vehicles – click here to see the full list
Vehicles used for hire and reward, any competition, trial, performance test, race or trial of speed, including off-road events, whether between motor vehicles or otherwise, and irrespective of whether this takes place on any circuit or track, formed or otherwise, and regardless of any statutory authorisation of any such event; any business use other than Class One Business Use as normally defined by motor insurers; any purpose in connection with the motor trade.
How do I make a claim?
If you need to claim on your ALA Car Excess Insurance please contact our UK based claim team on 0203 740 4431, as soon as possible and within 30 days of the incident.
You’ll be sent a claim form which you need to return as soon as possible, along with a copy of the settlement letter from your motor insurer showing the excess that has been paid by you.