Car Tyre & Run Flat Insurance
What does this policy cover?
ALA Tyre Insurance covers repair or replacement due to accidental or malicious damage to the tyres of your car, light van or motorcycle. Cover is available for up to 3 years with a maximum of 5 claims during the length of the policy.
Available for a qualifying vehicle bought within the last 30 days, which is under 7 years of age, has covered less than 70,000 miles and is not an excluded vehicle.
Vehicles used in any sort of competitions or rallies. Vehicles used for racing, pace making, speed testing or in reliability trials; Vehicles not listed in Glass's Guide; kit cars; invalid carriages; commercial Vehicles of more than 3500kg gross weight. Any, taxi, mini cab, driving tuition vehicle, courier or delivery vehicle of any type or any private or public rental vehicle.
This product can be bought independently without the need for an ALA GAP Insurance policy.
- Standard and run-flat tyres up to 20”
- No excess payable
- European cover provided
- UK Underwriter – UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE
- Can be bought independently from an ALA GAP Insurance policy
- UK based Administrator – MB&G
- Policy transfer – pro rata transfer of unused premium if you change your car, with no admin fees
- A maximum of 5 claims within the policy period
- Choice of £150 and £300 claim limits
- Covers damage caused by: Kerbing, pot holes, road debris damage, punctures, malicious damage
- Initial 14 day exclusion period
Am I eligible for cover?
Eligibility for cover with a Tyre Insurance Policy is shown below:
- Cover available for cars, light vans and motorcycles
- Available for qualifying vehicles bought within the last 30 days
- Available for qualifying vehicles up to 7 years of age at the start of the policy
- Maximum permitted mileage of 70,000 at the start of the policy
- Qualifying vehicles must be listed in Glass’s Guide